Complimentary Website Optimisation Service
We offer all our PPC clients a complimentary website optimisation service to save their advertising budget by decreasing their PPC campaigns’ CPC (cost per click). The importance of a fully-optimised website is often either underestimated or ignored by most PPC campaign managers, resulting in website owners spending more money than necessary to achieve the same results.
A fully-optimised website is not only beneficial in terms of PPC, but SEO and organic search as well.
Why is it necessary to have a fully-optimised website?
The quality of an ad is measured with a metric called ‘quality score’. The higher the ad scores, the lower the CPC (cost per click) and the higher the ad rank, which usually results in more impressions, more traffic to the website and higher conversions at a lower cost.
Quality score is determined by the quality of the website (especially the landing pages), relevance of the ad text, click through rate (CTR), keywords and a few other factors.
Before setting up your PPC campaigns, we analyse your website, find the relevant keys words and estimate a cost per keyword, then we give you advice on how to optimise your website so you can get optimal results at the lowest possible cost.
The website optimisation process:
- Add/change the meta tags on some or all pages.
- Amend URLs.
- Add/change content. In some cases change the structure of the whole website to make it more user-friendly.
- Amend interlinks within the website, remove some outbound links, remove some or all compulsory sign-up forms.
- Advise on the hosting server if the loading time is long due to a problem with the hosting service.
- Check the website to ensure it is not in a bad neighbourhood – meaning spammers have not hijacked the website and installed spyware to access your viewers’ computers.
When optimising your website, keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Write fresh, original content for your website.
- Add relevant, useful information about your product or service.
- Set the page title tag according to the product you are offering on that page, as it becomes easier for search engines to index the page and for users to find that page. As beneficial as it is to have content and a description for a product, you should try not to overwhelm visitors by inundating them with information.
- Make use of interlinks to send your visitors to other relevant pages on your website, but avoid using ‘Click Here’ links.
- Make it easy for first-time visitors to find the products on your website.
- Use ‘Learn More’, ‘Call Now’, ‘Buy Now’, ‘Discount’, ‘Free Delivery’, etc. to call for action.
- All pages within your website should be within three clicks of the first page – search engines usually do not index pages further than three clicks away from the first page.
- Try to match the URLs with the page titles and avoid using random URLs generated by your admin panel or the CMS.
- Never let “index.php” be automatically created as a part of the URL for a new page.
- Never use a redirection such as: http://www.yoursite.com/go.php?url=http://www.yoursite.com. This can be hijacked by spammers and put in a bad neighbourhood.
- Treat your website viewers with respect and honesty.
- Build credibility and trust.
- Be honest about your products and services.
- Clearly write about your business: what you do, what you offer, your products and your services.
- Honour your promises. E.g. free delivery, free gift, quality guarantee, refund policy, post-purchase service.
- Do not set website access conditions. E.g. ‘Sign Up First’ forms.
- Do not make your visitors share personal information with you before purchasing a product or service.